Sunday, February 1, 2015

Me, Finding Books Today...

How do we really find a new book? For me, I begin with an open-minded search. I initially try to establish a practical way to find what I want.  The Inter-Web is amazing...

Currently, GoodReads is always great. Beyond any databases, this is the pragmatic place for anyone interested in reading & sharing thoughts, in so much that you are willing to read widely within the comments, forums & among the thematic lists...

All book recommendations are important to me; both in people & otherwise. During any given search, I search popular website book-sellers to see what might be currently popular; reading between the lines; I always read forums & comments. Personally, which might seem weird to some, I value the opinion of NPR books review. Life travel has turned me into a life-time radio reader. Beyond reading, I listen to a certain variety of podcasts & author interviews in the media universe; when I like the author in the audio sphere, I will nearly always like the author in type, word, paragraph, page, chapter & book...  Maybe research will need to be done to find if radio fans read differently...

When searching the Novelist database, there is a real sense that the linked algorithmic ideas, genres, themes & subject areas are resulting in lists that are relevant to a variety of searches...





No comments:

Post a Comment